1. How do I increase the conversion in the store thanks to email marketing?
I segment individual target groups and send them content-relevant mailings.
I analyze the KPI of the mailings and optimize them from the delivery rate to the click rate.
I increase the cadence of the mailings, thereby improving sales in the short term and risking a “wear-out” effect of the recipients in the medium term. I should use this very cautiously.
2. What are the benefits of marketing automationMarketing Automation ist ein Framework bestehende aus Strategie (First Party Data und Marketing), Use Cases und Prozessen, Daten bzw. Customer Data Platform, Technologien, Inhalten, Organisation und Skills sowie dem Rechtsrahmen bzw. dem Consent Management.... in the email channel? What are the prerequisites for it?automation:
For example, I use welcome messages to leads in the nurturing process or onboarding relays for new customers to introduce the recipient to my company and its benefits.
I increase relevance and reduce costs thanks to automated cycles to selected selections.
Automated cycles require strategic and process-oriented thinking, require certain initial costs with subsequent low variable costs for the ongoing optimization of the cycle.
3. What may have happened if my emails do not reach the recipient?
The recipient has put a previous email in the junk folder, which the mail service provider subsequently respects, but does not inform the sender about it.
The mail service provider classifies me as a sender with a bad “sender reputation” or has even “blacklisted” me because the bounce rate is too high.
I have not taken care of the address quality and validation of the recipient list for a long time, which increases the SPAM risk.
4. What is the benefit of A/B testing in email? What are the requirements for it?
I formulate a hypothesis and test two variants against each other to find out which variant is better received and thus improves my KPI.
To get meaningful results, I need a statistically relevant number of recipients.
5. Is the GDPR (data protectionIt is not enough for companies to aggregate your users' data. They must also obtain permission to use this data at the same time. They must obtain an overview of whether and for what purpose they may actively use this personal data or use it for advertising... in the EU) applicable in Switzerland?
The market principle is applicable, i.e. relevant is in which state the recipient is permanently located.
The new DPA in Switzerland will essentially adopt the GDPR. Therefore, prevention is recommended with regard to the entry into force as of 2021 at the earliest.
6. What data do I need to personalize promotional emails in a meaningful way?
In addition to the e-mail address, a few data such as gender, date of birth, first or last purchase and sales achieved over a certain period of time are sufficient. The important thing is that I develop the appropriate use cases for the existing data.I shouldn’t wait until I have the “perfect data pool.” I grow with the existing data and adapt the needs to the growing opportunities.
7. Where should I spend more budget, Paid Media (ex. SEA) or Owned Media (ex. Email)?
Ideally, new customers, which are often acquired via SEA, should be transferred to existing customer marketing and these addresses consistently managed via email and other owned channels.
SEA often works well and quickly brings in consistent revenue as long as you use it consistently. If you stop the campaigns, sales plummet. That’s why the sensible combination of digital channels used is important.
8. How do I ensure that my email templates display correctly on different devices?
Paid testing via Litmus enables testing of templates on different devices and operating systems.
Because I probably don’t want to do this check myself on a regular basis, service providers like Mayoris offer this. After all, it’s about my appearance and my reputation.
9. How can I build my recipient list sustainably?
By consistently collecting sign-ups for the newsletter at the relevant touchpoints (website, store, POS, checkout), which I then actively manage.
By delighting new recipients with welcome emails that focus on empathy, corporate USP, and benefits communication. Such recipients become more loyal and demonstrably perform better as a result.
Sweepstakes for address generation are popular, but usually deliver poorer quality addresses that will not positively influence my KPI.
10. How do I improve the open rate of my emails?
I work on a better subject line – timeliness, relevance, conciseness, curiosity.
I systematically remove “bounced” addresses and stop writing to inactive addresses.
I segment target groups and send more relevant emails to recipients who have a legally valid permission.
11. Why does Mayoris use Salesforce? What are the benefits?
Salesforce offers seamless integration between CRM and the digital marketing world, and is also an exceptionally powerful yet flexible platform.
Anyone who gets involved with Salesforce needs a clear strategy, a good implementation partner and the will to actively manage data-driven marketing across diverse digital channels in the medium term.
12. Can I send a promotional email to a customer from whom I have an email address without consent?
In Switzerland, this is still permitted, provided that the mailing concerns “own similar goods, works or (service) performances” (Art. 3 lit. o UWG).
For recipients in the EU, I need active consent for sending advertising emails, at the latest since the GDPR. In effect, this means a double opt-in. Mayoris recommends introducing this process in Switzerland as well, because the revised Data ProtectionIt is not enough for companies to aggregate your users' data. They must also obtain permission to use this data at the same time. They must obtain an overview of whether and for what purpose they may actively use this personal data or use it for advertising... Act will presumably contain a similar level of protection from 2021.
13. What is the benefit of an interactive email, such as an order complete and directly in the email?
Thanks to the microsite in the mail, I avoid clicking on an external landing page or on a store, which reduces clicks and thus improves conversion.
Ergonomics and handling are improved for the recipient, which in turn increases engagement.
14. What makes for good content?
Content is a continuation of the subject line, so the focus is on promise, timeliness, and relevance. In the mail, content must be concisely worded and ideally include a call to action. Therefore, the prominent call-to-action (CTA) is an integral part.
Content is not equally relevant for everyone, which is why it makes sense to use selections to send different content to users. This turns a regular newsletter into a targeted dialog along the customer journey.
15. Where do I start with marketing automationMarketing Automation ist ein Framework bestehende aus Strategie (First Party Data und Marketing), Use Cases und Prozessen, Daten bzw. Customer Data Platform, Technologien, Inhalten, Organisation und Skills sowie dem Rechtsrahmen bzw. dem Consent Management.... in the email channel?
It makes sense to start with use cases that require little data and deliver quick and measurable success. This starts with simple birthday mailings with an incentive and with welcome relays for new newsletter recipients or new customers.
In addition, I can also cleverly use automated transactional emails for marketing messages.
16. Which is the best marketing technology? Which technology should I choose?
It depends on strategy and maturity level of customer communication. Often, software that is too expensive and large is used for customer interactions that are too simple.
I first set communication goals, work out concrete use cases and select the software based on these requirements – not the other way around. It is important that the software can scale with my needs in the following years.
17. What is the maximum number of mailings per month that the recipient will not unsubscribe?
This is the million dollar question. What matters is not the frequency of sending, but the timeliness and relevance of the mail. I achieve this through profiling, selections and surveys.
For one customer, Mayoris greatly improved the selection, but at the same time reduced the mailing frequency. The result: sales have increased. The recipient appreciates being taken seriously.
18. May I still write to a recipient whom I have not contacted for more than two years?
This is controversial. There are court rulings in Germany that this right is forfeited after 18 months of inactivity. Formally, this would require a new opt-in, if I have the right to do so at all.
19. When is the ideal shipping time?
The second million-dollar question; industry insights are bunk because they are statistically leveled. Individual recipients don’t adhere to such usages.
I can identify individual patterns in my recipients about opening times and optimize the next mailing to that personal time.
20. Where do I store marketing permissions to recipients (opt-in) on my IT architecture?
Good mailing systems manage the technical storage of permissions. I must not forget these “flags” when migrating to a new system, it could cost me dearly.
Rights management of cookies and opt-ins is becoming more sophisticated. I may need a central platform where I store all permissions and link them to contacts in CRM. This should not be underestimated.